Sunday, June 6, 2010

Started with Kaplan Premier Program

As I mentioned earlier, Manhattan GMAT books are compact. Not that the material is trivial, but I find them quite handy to carry around unlike the OG-12 or the Kaplan Premier Program book. My plan is to work on the Manhattan GMAT books in the mornings and work on the Kaplan followed by the OG books in the evenings. I started with Kaplan and went all the way upto critical reasoning. Now, I'm working on the sentence correction section. I did the 50 problems in the CR section, scoring 42/50. 8 wrong. Then I gave those 8 another shot. I went wrong in 4 of the 8, which means these were not careless mistakes, but concept errors. Need to review the errors and move on to another 50 in SC and the RC passages.

I know I've been putting off taking the practice tests and the waiting could last forever, if I wanted to prepare myself fully before I take the test, but I've decided that I would be taking it on 11th June, 2010 (coming Friday), and face the music.

The weekend is almost over and the climate is awesome in Chennai(a rarity), but I'm stuck with reviewing the errors in CR and going through all the CR questions and the answers again. Can anyone think of a worse way to spend the weekend? I'm waiting to get the GMAT over with so that I can get on with life and go for swimming, learn Spanish and Italian, work on my French, do yoga without cribbing about how much time it takes, sign up for treks, take up volunteering, cook better food instead of watching the clock and travel lots!

3 comments:

Stranger! said...

yeah,nice vacation plans!!85 days to go :)

Anna said...

Best of luck on the GMAT! Bite the bullet and take the practice test!:)

aimingformba said...

@Classycareergirl: Thanks!!