Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Progress in week 14

I managed to go through the inequalities chapter in Manhattan GMAT as Anagha suggested and completed it. It always bothers me when I leave stuff unfinished. There's a nagging feeling in my mind. I'm revising the Manhattan GMAT guides now. The thing I liked about these guides is that, it is easy to go through one chapter at a time in small time slices, say half an hour. So I find it worth doing just before I start for work or during lunch or when I'm really tired, but want to study something that's not too loaded with information. My strategy is to do the revision of the MGMAT guides in the mornings and work on OG in the evenings. When I read the experiences of so many others who have given the GMAT, the two takeaways were
  1. Study the MGMAT guides thoroughly (at least thrice).
  2. Start with the OG after this and do the problems in the OG (at least thrice)
There are people who have done the revision of the Manhattan GMAT guides and OG for 7 or 8 times. With only 90 days to go, I don't have that kind of time and I believe that the above strategy is good enough.

3 comments:

Stranger! said...

hey,I din think about MGMAT yet(I used SC book,it was good,but don't know about rest of the series).Can I get a soft-copy or do I need to purchase it? :-O

aimingformba said...

Soft copy is not available. I purchased the series. Got the book shop to order it.

aimingformba said...

@Stranger: I don't think you really need to go for MGMAT CR and RC guides. SC is really good and so are the number properties. I'm not the right person to comment on the Math guides, since I'm still learning and any information is ALWAYS new to me where Maths is concerned.