Friday, April 2, 2010

Progress so far...

I'm almost done with all the MGMAT guides upto the data sufficiency chapters. I have about 4 chapters to go in MGMAT Word Translations guide and am midway through the Reading Comprehension guide. Reading comprehension is something I'll have to work on. I saw that from my TOEFL score. Reading comprehension was my lowest (24/30). Working on Reading Comprehension just before bed is one sure way to fall asleep. After this, my plan is to start with the Official Guide 12 and then come back to the Advanced Topics in the MGMAT guides, since a lot of MGMAT guides refer back to OG 12. I was sad after my last test performance. Though it was not a full length test, I saw how badly I performed and how much work was needed on concepts. After completing MGMAT Word Translations and MGMAT RC, I'll give a shot at the GMAT Prep this week.

4 comments:

The Realm of Conscious and Beyond said...

Hey! you don't need to be sad just think positively and take right steps or right approach to prepare for the test. You have too many books, my advice will be first follow 1 source of preparation like MGMAT and complete it the way they mention. Doing OG questions at the end of each chapter as you remember the topic and can go back to understand the problems you had with the particular topics of that chapter. And yea, doing lot of practice tests & going lot of material without improvement doesn't matter at all; what matters most is that whatever you read, do you understand that well (are you confident enough of the concepts to tackle questions). And, if you can't grasp the concept thoroughly go back and re-read it instead of moving ahead (going to next chapter). You can find different strategies for different types of question on http://www.gmatclub.com, I am collecting strategies for each topic into a file separately (like RC strategies, CR strategies and so on), I'll share them and also there are strategies already somewhere on the forum. All in all my point is first understand thoroughly and then move ahead, if you don't understand something then go on forum and ask other members will definitely help you with the issue. And yea whatever you do, just do it with interest and put your heart & soul in it and fall in love with it, no matter how hard it is or how difficult it is. That's all I can say and stay motivated and don't exhaust yourself and meditate or something to get personal development.
Cheers,
Atif

The Realm of Conscious and Beyond said...

And, you don't have any option to follow your blog :)

aimingformba said...

@Atif: Seriously, I didn't think anyone would follow my blog and listen to my GMAT woes. I'll add that to my blog. Many thanks for your suggestions. Btw, I really appreciate the work you're doing on gmatclub forums. Its a great help to people like me who are struggling on the fundamentals.

The Realm of Conscious and Beyond said...

You are welcome! Knowledge is to be shared and that's what separates us from other animals. Good luck with everything!