Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fooled by Randomness and The Black Swan

Here, at last, some refreshing books by Nassim Nicholas Taleb. Sick of all the know it alls whom I've met, I'm really glad to be reading someone who is cautious and is not ashamed to say "I don't know". This man's writing style s simply awesome. Read it to believe it. 

I got this book (the combined volume of both books) at a bookshop near work today. I was rationalizing with myself not to buy it, since I had already read the pdf versions of the book, and I didn't understand why I had to have the book (Taleb has an explanation why), but I simply couldn't resist buying it. One thing, it is not light reading. It is the kind of book that has to be digested. I'm reading it in bits and pieces and feeling rather amused at Taleb's observations. Someone who knows what he's talking about. I feel nothing less than affection for him and I'm an enthusiastic promoter of his books now. I've already convinced a couple of my friends to buy the books and I can be quite convincing when I try :-)

1 comment:

The Realm of Conscious and Beyond said...

Hmm! interesting, gotta try this book.