Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Change in Strategy - Over to Quant

I was thinking about my GMAT performance and the fact that I hadn't taken a single practice test the whole of last week, when I realized that I haven't being paying attention to the area I was weak in: Quant. I like verbal, especially SC and CR and I keep working on them when I have free time. This isn't going to get me anywhere. When I see people with 47Q thinking about a re-take since their quant score isn't above 80%, where would I be, with a quant score in the higher 30s or lower 40s? So I will work on 25 PS and 25 DS on the OG-12 and then, only after I've covered the entire quant sections in the OG-12 and the entire OG Math Review, will I go back to verbal. Right now, I'm not worried about my timing on verbal. I manage to complete the verbal section with about 30 minutes to go. Though I'm not as accurate as I would like to be, I can live with it for now. Here is my percentage in the Manhattan GMAT CAT 1 and 2 that inspired this decision.

MGMAT - CAT 1
MGMAT - Free CAT

No comments: