Monday, July 19, 2010

Some disturbing statistics

A week ago, Adekku sent me this link on Evaluating Practice Tests. Thanks Adekku!
I found some disturbing statistics from my last test.
  1. Correct plus timing within the expected timeframe (otherwise known as strengths) - 16 Qns
  2. Wrong plus timing in the expected timeframe (possible weaknesses) - 0 Qns
  3. Wrong plus timing way too fast (an average more than 30 seconds faster than it should be) - 3 Qns
  4. Correct plus timing way too slow (an average more than 30 seconds slower than it should be) - 7 Qns
  5. Wrong plus timing way too slow (an average more than 30 seconds slower than it should be) - 6 Qns
  6. Unanswered questions
My analysis is as follows:
  • Category 1 - On 16 Qns, I spent a total of 21 minutes - 28% of my time on 43% Qns
  • Category 2 - no questions that fall in this category
  • Category 3 - On 3 Qns, I spent a total of 3 minutes 40 secs - About 5% of my time on 8% Qns
  • Category 4 - On 7 Qns, I spent a total of 27 minutes 10 secs - About 36% of my time on 19% Qns
  • Category 5 - On 6 Qns, I spent a total of  23 minutes 27 secs - About 30% of my time on 16% Qns
  • Category 6 - 4 Questions unattempted - 10% unattempted.

No comments: