Monday, July 12, 2010

GMAT Prep - I (590, 39Q, 33V)

After a lot of hesitation and endless preparation, I took my first GMAT Prep today. As promised, here's my score. 

GMAT Prep I (590, 39Q, 33V)

When I started with the Analysis of Argument, I had no idea what the argument was about. It sounded as vague as ever, and only after the passing of a good 15 minutes, did it all begin to make sense. Anyway, I did both the analysis of argument and analysis of issue and moved on to quant.

I made a total of 11 mistakes on quant out of 30. I didn't complete the quant section. My timing was poor and I ran out of time at the 30th question. So that makes 7 questions unattempted plus 11 questions incorrect. 18 mistakes in all.

Quant Total : 37 Q - 19 correct, 11 wrong, 7 unanswered - 51%

Then I went on verbal. Verbal always has this relaxing effect on me (regardless of my score). However, I seemed to have made 15 mistakes in the verbal section. The distribution of mistakes was 5 in SC, 4 in CR and 6 in RC.

Verbal Total: 41 Q - 26 correct, 15 wrong, 0 unanswered - 63%

On looking back, I've made ALL of my mistakes on data sufficiency. Need improvement there. And timing is another thing. On sentence correction, I made a lot of silly mistakes. RC and CR, I genuinely need work on those. On the whole, I'm ok with this score for a start. Atleast, I know where I stand and what needs to be done.

Comments, advice and suggestions are welcome.

2 comments:

adekku said...

Hi A, thanks for your update. You still have time to improve. Don't give up! :)

Has you used this guide in evaluating your practice test?
http://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/2009/09/23/evaluating-your-practice-tests

I think this is a great resource to identify weaknesses.

aimingformba said...

Hi Adekku, Thanks for the link! I haven't used it, but will do it now. Thanks, again.